Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Getting Rid of Matthew"

I am reading this book called "Getting Rid of Matthew" by Jane Fallon. It is about this single middle-aged woman -- how she hates men who cheats on their wives and next thing you know she was the mistress of her boss (she was his secretary). She yearned that one day he would become her very own man. When that day finally came, she wasn't as excited as she anticipated to be. After living together for 3 days, she found little faults in him that she never found before when he came over to her flat. She hates how he snores at night and doesn't put up the toilet seat when he pees and whatnot. These little things were getting to her and she misses her old life. This man is a father of two and she doesn't want to deal with his baggage. This novel just shows how after living together, it gets the worst out of everyone. Every tiny little thing that you do can annoy your partner. When this annoyance accumulates, it will lead to fights and possibly breakup.

P.S:
Umm, I am going to waterloo tmw :)
I shall go pack now!! Dang I still haven't found my transportation yet.
My last resource would be greyhound and I don't want that cause I have to bus all the way downtown first. POO!

3 comments:

  1. that book sounds like what a middle age woman would read = =

    ReplyDelete
  2. er, wow what a hypocrite. if anything, she deserves it. >>"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...