Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mr. X

On the bus to volunteer --

I am reading a new book called "Stop Pretending".
This novel is coming from a little girl's perspective
of what the family is going through when her elder sister
went psychotic and hospitalized in a ward. The novel is
translated in the form of poetry.

I was on Steeles Ave. heading to Bayview Ave. --

I was sitting at the back of the bus and was reading my new book.
I looked shitty today.
I didn't comb my hair and it is tied into a pony tail.
I was wearing my volunteer uniform.

There were two "better" looking girls sitting across from me.
A guy came onto the bus..
He didn't sit beside me.
He sat beside the girl with shorts up to her crotch (..exaggerating lol)
But she might as well not wearing anything..
she wasn't wearing much anyways.
That shallow guy.

A few stops after Pacific Mall,
another guy came onto the bus..
He sat beside me
He also pulled out a book.
It was really thick and the words were tiny.

While those girls were chatting away
in their squeaky voice,
we were reading our books..

The bus driver was probably having a bad day.
He was giving us a bumpy and choppy ride..
A middle aged man stumbled in front of me
when the bus stopped suddenly.

I looked up.
I was about to offer him my seat when
that guy beside me asked the man first.
How considerate.
No one else on the bus offered..
not even those girls infront of me
and that guy beside them.

The guy beside me was
chinese,
enjoys reading,
had glasses,
about my age,
has a decent voice.

I didn't look at him properly..
But he was probably ugly anyways.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...