Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sisyphus

Laugh because you are happy or happy because you are laughing?

I've always been trying to figure out what is missing in my life. I thought happiness would come around for me. I never thought how everything would end in their ways. I felt like I had a good grasp, but apparently it slipped through my hands once, twice, and thrice. Each time, people would tell me the next one would be better. I felt like I am climbing a never ending staircase.. believing that there will be an exit.

Since little, we are told to be successful in life. In order to do so, you have to be at the peak of the mountain. We've been trying to get to the peak.. every step we take, we think this is it -- we've reached the peak. Unfortunately, it is like a endless path..there is a higher peak after this, and a higher peak after that and it goes on. It is like a punishment. No matter how hard we try, we'll never reach it. It is like Sisyphus.

"In Greek mythology, Sisyphus was a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity." - Wiki

It is rewarding to have a goal, to aim for something beyond. But it is also a punishment that you can never reach it.

The perfect life. What is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...