Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Red Lobster

This is my first time going to Red Lobster! I was quite excited, despite some of the negative reviews out there. My friends and I came here because of the $18 four course meal promotion. The pictures of the food on their website looks absolutely delicious! We went to the Red Lobster location in Kitchener.

New England Clam Chowder

We get to choose soup of the day (bacon potato soup) or new england clam chowder. Well, I chose the clam chowder mainly because of the clams (frugal me). One of my friends opted for the bacon potato soup which I thought tasted better than mine.

Caesar Salad
Unlimited Cheddar Bay Biscuits
I always wanted to try their famous biscuits that everyone's raving about. I was kind of disappointed, it tasted quite normal to me. I probably got too hyped up with the high expectations. By the end of this 3rd course, I was quite full already.
Garlic-Herb Shrimp and Chicken
My friend ordered the shrimp and chicken option. I tried her shrimp and I thought the shrimps I ordered had a fuller taste.



Grilled Honey BBQ-Shrimp Skewers
I ordered their NEW BBQ-Shrimp skewers. I was afraid that I wouldn't be full since the picture showed only a few shrimp on each skewers. Surprisingly, I had to take a small break to finish the entire meal. The shrimp skewers tasted great, I love the sweetness in the sauce. For side dish, I opted for mashed potatoes. I wished that they had twice baked potato with bacon bits on their menu.Mashed potatoes were alright, weren't too bland or salty. The onion rings were overly greasy that I only ate half a ring.

Overall, it was a great experience. The waitress was nice and offered prompt service. The 4 course meal for $18 is definitely a steal. If I'm coming back again, I would like to try their coconut jumbo shrimps.

Red Lobster on Urbanspoon






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...