Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

La Cafe Michi

 I've been urbanspooning a lot and addicted to Japanese food (non-sushi buffet) recently. Thank you Raymond for bringing me there! I was starving that day haha. Heard some good reviews for their unatama and green tea cake!

Shirley ordered: Seafood Hotpot Udon! I think Watami's had more variety in toppings, but this still looks delicious.
Seafood Hotpot Udon

Raymond was going to order Chicken terriyaki combo, but I commented that it was too plain and the chicken tama(egg) rice would be better. Unfortunately, we forgot to tell them to leave out the onions!


Chicken Egg Rice
YUM! I ordered the unatama combo! That's the reason I came here for, hehe :) This dish was delicious, but the picture looks more filling than it is.

Unatama (Eel Egg Rice)
Onto desserts..


Raymond ordered the hazelnut cake. It was like coffee(i think) mousse with some hazelnut crumbs and sponge cake base. 

Hazelnut Cake
Ah.. their famous green tea cake! I was really excited about it since it has green tea and red bean mousse. It wasn't as phenomenal as I expected it to be. Maybe because I tried it after the bailey's cheesecake and hazelnut cake, the green tea cake's taste wasn't as strong in comparison.


Green Tea Cake
 Shirley got the bailey's cheesecake. Personally, I think there are better cheesecake out there. This one tasted pretty normal like a New York cheesecake. Though I do like how they didn't overdo the cream cheese. Some cafes make the cheesecake wayyy too cheesey.

Bailey's Cheesecake
So yeah.. with each lunch combo comes with a cake for around $15~$18 which is pretty decent. My unatama combo came with miso soup and japanese garden salad :) Oh yeah, I also wanted to try their famous green tea creme brulee..
It was really delicious!

Green Tea Creme Brulee
I definitely would like to come back with the girlies someday. I think they would really enjoy it :)

Toodles~!
Le Cafe Michi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...